Thursday 19 June 2014

Don't dance with the devil on your back

Regrets collect like old friends
Here to relive your darkest moments
I can see no way, I can see no way
And all of the ghouls come out to play
And every demon wants his pound of flesh


                            And I've been a fool and I've been blind
                                        I can never leave the past behind            
                                   I can see no way, I can see no way
                              I'm always dragging that horse around
                      All of his questions, such a mournful sound
          But tonight I'm gonna bury that horse in the ground

And I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't
So here's to drinks in the dark at the end of my road
And I'm ready to suffer and I'm ready to hope
It's a shot in the dark aimed right up my throat
Cause looking for heaven, found the devil in me


                            And I am done with my graceless heart
                 So tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart
                               Cause I like to keep my issues drawn
                                   It's always darkest before the dawn



No comments:

Post a Comment